Update 1-28-2011: this year's #dropquest is over. Below is the impact to my blog, purely by this post.
Well, I was pretty in it for the first 30 min, when the dropbox forum server is down due to high request (around 11am PST). I stopped at the step 10, letter Sudoku, translating my 1-9 results to letters
It was when I went out with friends to have QQ noodles. By the way, it was awesome.
Now, the dropquest2011 is completed. I can only get a free 1G space. Still worth it.
Big thanks to the following two sites:
Here is the quickest way to get the 1G space to your dropbox.
- visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011, which requires a dropbox account; if you don't have one, register it now! (the link is my referrer link, follow its instruction and you will get 2G+250MB dropbox space to start with)
visit http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=284 and reply with "i love dropbox"
- visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/r to get the following image, you can move the pierces by clicking the one next to the grey; or, you can use this shortcut http://bit.ly/g5YBdP (thanks to David's comment)
- the page will be directed to https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/0, put in 33739
- the page will be directed to https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/p, visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/b, solve the letter Sodoku using the following result
- the page will be directed to https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/o, visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/x
- visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/h, and type in "BAFF1E"
- the page will be directed, type in the answer "Drew Houston"
- go to https://www.dropbox.com/votebox/3712/frozen-yogurt, and vote (I voted all my monthly 6 to it)
- go to https://www.dropbox.com/about, click on Rian Hunter. If you cannot click through, it means you are missing some steps. Go back and follow the two sites I listed above to start over step-by-step.
- visit https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/t and the answer is "badcabbage"
- the page will be directed to a page of numbers with center red X, type in the answer "1133471056"
- in the redirected page, type in "Dr0pbox heaRts U"
- now, you should be at the page of https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/finish_line, check your status in https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/wall_of_fame, and confirm the increase of your dropbox space.
The steps aboves are used as a purely cheating sheet.
I think visiting any page under https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/ will leave cookies or something in your browser history to enable you to move forward. At the starting point, when I saw the first two links with https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2011/ pattern, I actually visit all the remaining a-z A-Z 0-9 links and got 404 error! I should keep those windows open and refreshing all of them after passing every step, oh well...
Commenting the 284 page is required. Voting for frozen yogurt might not be required (it was fun to do it~~).
HAPPY DROPBOXING! HAVE A NICE LONG WEEKEND.